888-341-5942 (Toll Free)
Southern California "Super Lawyer" in Business Litigation, 2012 and 2013 (Los Angeles Magazine)
"Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award", 2013, based on clients' recognition for excellence in quality of service, overall value, responsiveness and communication ability.
John Vukmanovic is the founder and managing attorney of VLG. As a seasoned civil litigator and trial lawyer, John's practice emphasizes business litigation. His diverse background and experience has also led to successful results for his clients in cases involving complex real estate litigation and employment disputes, as well as serious personal injury.
John's background makes him uniquely qualified to represent his clients. John gained valuable experience in the insurance industry, and later as an attorney with the national firm of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard and Smith, LLP, the third largest law firm in California. Prior to forming VLG, John was an associate with the high-profile litigation firm of Freedman & Taitelman, LLP.
John is actively involved with various charitable organizations throughout the greater Los Angeles and Orange County areas, and proudly devotes significant time assisting individuals of limited means in pro bono matters.
John is most proud of his wife Dina and their two children, Michael and Natalya.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Personal Injury (Serious/Catastrophic)
- Professional Liability
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: Accelerated Program
- Honors: Civil Trial Advocacy course
- Oxford University Faculty of Law, Oxford, England - 1999
- Honors: Institute on Comparative and International Law
- California State University Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Bachelor of Science - 1994
- Major: Business Administration
- Major: Emphasis: International Business
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Freedman & Taitelman, Associate Attorney, 2005 - 2008
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP, Associate Attorney, 2003 - 2005
- LaFollette, Johnson, DeHaas, Fesler, Silberberg & Ames, A.P.C., Associate Attorney, 2001 - 2003
- Farmers Insurance, Senior Claims Representative, 1997 - 1998
- 20th Century Insurance, Office Claims Adjuster, 1995 - 1996
Pro Bono Activities
- Various throughout Los Angeles and Orange Counties